Academic Courses Offered
In pursuance of the University's decision vide Notification
No.CDC/B.3/2011/Pt.1/3117,dt.25.09.2014 to introduce the Semester Honours Programme for the Under Graduate Degree Courses, admission to 1st Year Degree Courses from the forthcoming Academic Session, 2015-16 will be undertaken only under Semester System.
Henceforth, no fresh admission to 1st Year Degree Courses will be given under the Annual System.
In the SEMESTER SYSTEM, the follwing courses of study will be Honours Degree :-
- Bachelor of Arts(B.A)
- Bachelor of Science(B.Sc.)
- Bachelor of Commerce(B.Com.)
The course of study will be Honours Degree of Bachelor of Arts(BA), Bachelor of Science(B.Sc) and Bachelor of Commerce(B.Com) which are complete course by themselves as stated above.
- (i)Students who have passed plus 2(10+2) in their respective stream or an equivalent examination from a recognized Board in India or abroad which is considered as equivalent by the University shall be eligible for admission into the First Semester of Honourse Degree Course.
- (ii)Students who have passed plus 2 (10+2) or an equivalent examination from any stream from a recognized Board in India/abroad has the option to change to Arts Stream and the students from the Science stream has the option to change to Commerce stream only.
A student shall be required to be registered under the University within one Semester of his/her enrollment.
No Inter-college transfer among the Colleges shall be allowed beyond the first Semester Examinations. Other transfers shall be allowed only on merit of each case.
- (i) A student shall apply to the Controller of Examinations through the Principal of his/her college duly endorsed by the Principal of the Centre to which the change is being sought.
- (ii) A prescribed fee shall be deposited by NEHU Challan payable to North Eastern Hill University and the instrument of payment shall be attached to the application form.
- (iii) Change of Examination centre is not permitted to a Centre/College to which the affiliation of the Subjects/Course has not been given by the University.
- (i) The Honours Degree Course will comprise of 6(Six) Semesters spread over 3(three) academic years.
- (ii) Semester means a half-yearly programme or term of studies.
- (iii) 1st(First), 3rd(Third) & 5th(Fifth) will be Odd Semester.
- (iv) 2nd(Second), 4th(Fourth) & 6th(Sixth) Semester will be Even Semester.
- (v) A student shall have to clear the Degree within 5(five) academic years or 10(ten) semesters.
- (i) At the end of each Semester, there shall be an examination as per the Academic Calender.
- (ii) Evaluation in each course shall be on the basis of performance through continous assessment and the end semester examinations. The weightage assigned to the continous assessment and end semester examinations shall be in the ration of 1:3.
- (iii) The pattern and schedule of continous assessment and evaluation thereof shall be such as laid down in the relevant University Regulation.
- (iv) Students shall be allowed to proceed to the next semester irrespective of failed papers/arrear papers subject to payment of fees and fulfillment of other prescribed conditions laid down by the University.